photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

05 June 2016

June Sketch @ The Studio Challenges

Snap! – a layout for The Studio Challenges

momsnap


Start:

Anna composed this month’s sketch based upon a layout by Seungeun Lee.

June Sketch

Style: I layered up my pieces of paper in a limited color scheme almost as diagrammed, but I made one distinct change from the sketch.  Instead of making flowers a predominant feature, I used pieces of flower embossed white cardstock in those two places and topped them with subtle clusters.  These add interest when looking at the page, but do not immediately grab your attention.  I did that by making the title my feature placing it and a second small photo on a chipboard frame surrounded by stitching (which unfortunately also warps my paper a bit in the center).

Having two photos and the Snap! title reinforces the playfulness of Mom posing for the camera, and I’m pleased with how this layout looks as finished.

Have you noticed that I scattered more than a few bits around the page?  I’m getting much more comfortable adding in bits that fall outside of a strict visual triangle.

Stash: This was my last layout from my May Counterfeit Challenge kits, with the exception of the embossed cardstock that was leftover from an old card making class and the Prima wood buttons.

Now why not pop over to The Studio Challenges blog to see what the other gals have done with this lovely sketch.

13 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors, the photos and that stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout. Love the colours, the textures, the layers and your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely layout.
    I love all of the layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is gorgeous! Love the stitching and your color scheme is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super page - delicate,stylish and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and the stitching.Fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty layout, especially loving the layers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures of your Mom and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The stitched frame and accents look wonderful! Love this whole layout set on kraft. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the gentle colour scheme of this page and all the little elements that are scattered. Really pretty and the stitched frame is particularly eye-catching

    ReplyDelete