photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 July 2016

Come With Me & Escape

Come With Me & Escape – a Challenge YOUrself #31 layout

escape 

Start: This month’s challenge at Challenge YOUrself

cy31 
Style: I really wanted to embrace the white space of this PageMaps sketch, so I used a colorful funky paper for the background border to satisfy my appetite for color and pattern.  Have you ever seen such happy clouds?  I decided to print my photo with a white border as well instead of matting it separately.


escapedetail

And to keep myself from overdoing the embellishments, I tried to stick to a single sheet of stickers from Bella Blvd for most of the elements.  I think their large red alphabet is perfectly playful for my topic, but there was no &.  Then I  remembered a large white ampersand from an old Studio Calico kit.


Stash: The other clusters came together very quickly with stickers and chipboard from Simple Stories Snap.  I went outside my July counterfeit kit again for the finishing touches of stars by K & I Playlist and mini-dots by Stampin Up.

15 comments:

  1. Oh.... Love your layout with all the white space!!! And your clusters are perfect! May have to scraplift this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this page!! Everything just pops (the picture, embellishments and the border)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun page - I love those clouds, yes they do look happy. I like the title cluster, that chunky ampersand looks great here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page. Love all of the little embellishment clusters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is PERFECT for last week's WM prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, those are happy clouds! Love your layout. Love the title work. Terrific job! Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susanne! This layout is spectacular! I absolutely LOVE it! Your take on the sketch and summer theme is whimsical and wonderful. I am so happy to be working with you again for the next 6 months! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very fun layout - ah for us all to be sipping cocktails on a beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love this! LOVING the title work and that cloud paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm enjoying seeing all your layouts with highlights from various trips - FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great combination of pretty clusters and white space - and your happy clouds are such fun as a border.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The papers looks awesome together. You have great style :) Love what you have created!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I see that this would be great for WM prompt! You should join in more often! Anyway, this is a very cute page with the clusters and that great cloud paper - really love that and hoped that you stole the middle to use on another page at another time. Great photo of you!

    ReplyDelete