photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

04 July 2016

Faking It On The Fourth of July

Happy July 4th to my fellow Americans!


And to them and everyone else, Happy Forgeries on the Fourth too!

This month I was inspired to make a few things for my kit.  These are not exact forgeries, mind you, but items that have the same summer flavor.  First, these fun pinwheels in the inspiration kit caught my eye. They seem to be layered on top of chipboard flowers.  Are they flowers or pinwheels, you decide?

pinwheel

I have had a set of coordinating stamps from Elle’s Studio for a long time.  In it there are two stamps which I could piece together to make something with that alternating color look.  All I needed to do was stamp both images in contrasting colors and then cut the smaller sections out of the second stamp.  Then I layered them up and used a pearl in the center to nail down the red, white and blue scheme.

DSC05117DSC05118DSC05120DSC05121

Then it was time to put my new Sizzix Big Shot to work.  I remembered I had an embossing folder in the pinwheel pattern from Carta Bella so I used it on both red and white cardstock.  And in lieu of the white floral felt border in the inspiration kit, I used this Darice embossing folder to create my own dimensional edge, and I cut a quick title from a Sizzix die too.

DSC05124

It works best for me to make things before I start working on pages, because I like my layouts to come together quickly.  I am particularly happy that I used 5 new supplies for the first time.  How’s that for using my stuff!

Have you made anything for your kit this month?  If so, be sure and link it up in the month linky post.

13 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh loving those flowers!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that edging is so cool! What a great idea for a forgery and the flowers oh so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are truly a great nod to the pinwheel - no, flowers - no! pinwheels ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little embellishments. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever!

    I hope you had a nice 4th July

    ReplyDelete
  6. All cute ideas--I really love the stamped flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susanne. I love the pinwheels. They always remind me of running outside and having a great time. The flowers are perfect for celebrating Independence Day. I hope you had a wonderful one. Mine was a little low key.

    You definitely should think about going to Alaska. Both times I've been lucky with the weather and it's so beautiful!

    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the flowers you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job using 5 new items! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yippee for using some supplies & creating your own embellishments! I created a similar large flower at the Great American Scrapbook Convention - so FUN to layer those pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great embellishments! Great way to use stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done! I love the pinwheel/flowers and the embossed items are very pretty. I so wanted to do some forgeries this month but somehow lost the time! he he!

    ReplyDelete