photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 July 2016

Inspired by Cool Waters

Enjoy Time Together Today – a layout for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge

timetogether 

Start: The second challenge for July is to be “inspired by cool waters.”  There are lots of ways to interpret this challenge and the layout I completed complied in two ways: both in story and style.


Story: When I think of water, I often think of the reflections you can see off of it.  So these photos from my and college girl’s recent trip to Graceland fit the bill.  We both snapped selfies in the mirrored hall, and we both are reflected in each other’s photo.  Cool – like reflections off the water!


Style: In keeping with the reflecting idea of mirrors, did you notice that I used a reverse side of a “together” die-cut as a design element under the TIME wood veneer.  It is a subtle thing that ties into the story.


timetogetherdetail


Also, I have mixed warm colors – red and yellow, with cool colors – blue and grey as suggested in the prompt.


Stash: My July 2016 Counterfeit Kit – giving special credit for the paper from Little Yellow Bicycle and the chipboard from Simple Stories Snap collection,

14 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see you together

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool! Like the alpha arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeee this! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever! Loved your title treatment & the twist on the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Different take on the challenge and I like it! Love your bright happy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout! I love the journaling on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susanne... thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a great comment. You are the winner of my small prize that we were doing for our blog hop at Lasting Memories. So come by my blog when you can and send me a quick email. Love your layout by the way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a thoughtful and fun take on the challenge. Very clever idea to use the reverse die cut - I noticed it but didn't realize it was a word until you pointed it out. I also like the stapled bits of ribbon and the twine-wrapped one through the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an amazing job creating this page. Very cute embellies and the title is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fonts and the reversed together! so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your take on this challenge!!!
    So creative.
    Beautiful layout and fun photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is very cleverly conceived and executed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are always so clever! Great take on the prompt and I adore these two photos. I am also ever so slightly (ok, very) envious that you got to tour Graceland! I am drawn to your little ribbon embellies - I often forget to get out the ribbons - thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete