photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 July 2016

July 2016 Counterfeit Kit Reveal Blog Hop

Welcome to the July 2016 Counterfeit Kit Reveal Blog hop.  Did you just pop in from Susan’s blog or did you start here?  Either way the entire list is shown below so that you won’t miss a stop this month.

This month’s kit comes to us courtesy of Scrapbook and Cards Today.  It is their Crop & Create Delivered Kit:  Heat Wave from Summer 2015.

ccd-layout-summer-2015-new

I think I matched this one up pretty darn closely.  What do you think?

JULY 2016 KIT 

Style: I pared my kit down by dropping the black and using only the navy for the darkest shade.  I had to settle for fireflies instead of bees.  (Although I know somewhere buried in my stash is some bee paper.)  Because there were so few embellishments in this kit, I thought an add-on kit was in order.
JULY 2016 ADDON 

Stash: The base of my kit is papers from Bella Blvd’s Family Forever and All American collections, with a few odd summer themed papers thrown in from other makers.  The die-cuts from Fancy Pants, Making Waves lines steered me in a nautical direction.

The basis of the add-on kit is the Bella Blvd. sticker sheet you see there with the big bold red alphabet.  I definitely played up both family and patriotic themes this month.

I even made a few things in my kit, so pop back on the 4th to see those forgeries.
Stops: Here’s the entire blog hop list  -  enjoy!

Gretchen: http://www.gretchenhenninger.com/
Kelly: http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com
Lesley:  http://ohblogitifyoucantbeatthem.blogspot.com
Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
Lynnette: http://www.sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com
Margie: http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com
Susan: http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.com/
Susanne: http://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com
Jemma: http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk



Thanks for hopping along with us.  I hope you will make your own summer kit this month and play along with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge family.

18 comments:

  1. A great pick for our kit this month Susanne and I love how you've turned yours into something very patriotic. We are commemorating all the fallen at the Battle of the Somme today which is very moving to watch on the TV.
    Thank you for this month's inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great kit and I can't wait to see what you make with it! Hoping to make my own kit this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am always smitten with red, white and blue. I like the way you pulled your kit in that direction. A few pops of yellow for the sunshine and you are good to go. Thanks for all of your hard work in preparing our inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kit represents the original kit very well! And great job choosing a perfectly summery kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving what you chose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sometimes hard to counterfeit a kit that you really love, but you did brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the add-on (why didn't I think of that?) and the wonderfully graphic quality of your reveal. Looking forward to your forgery tut on the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is spot on! I was really looking forward to seeing what you put together since you chose the inspiration this month and I am definitely not disappointed. Your add-on is fun too - lots of bright and summery items to play with and I really like all the red too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I LOVE the firefly paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I do think you did a fantastic job of copying the original kit - looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've nailed the energy and mood of the counterfeit kit. The add-on is full of exciting bits. I am sure you will have fun with this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very cute patriotic kit you got going on with lots of pops of yellow :)I love the color scheme you chose to work with :) I have to say I have some bees paper and embellishments hidden in my stash somewhere too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kit looks amazing!! Have fun creating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great copy of the kit & that add-on kit amazing. I really like all the bright colors! Looking forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very close to the original!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your kit. You did stay true to the original, but I giggled at you having to create an add-on kit. LOL. I'm trying to avoid doing that very thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful kit! I love all of those fun embellishments, that's one thing I don't have much of in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great take on the kit and I also love how you bigged up the red, white and blue elements of the kit whilst still maintaining the overwhelming summer feeling of the original kit! It was a great summer kit and I love seeing how everyone has interpreted it! Great choice S!

    ReplyDelete