photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

03 July 2016

July Color Palette @ The Studio Challenges

Dining @ The Water – a layout for the Studio Challenges

diningwater 


Start: color-palette-2630

We started with this color palette.

Style:  The red, navy and grey colors were already represented in my July counterfeit challenge kit, so I started with nautical themed paper from there.  I grabbed this photo of my two kids posed outside a seafood restaurant at St. Louis Union Station after a Cardinals baseball game.  I had to make my title “Dining @ The Water” not on the water, because that is really a man-made lagoon, so the restaurant is on solid ground.


dining water detail

I started with a simple grid design and added in scraps of orange hibiscus paper, which really picks up the pretty glow of the lights at nighttime.  My favorite part of the layout was chaining two anchors to the page.

Stash: Bazzill cardstock, Bella Blvd patterned paper and stickers, My Mind’s Eye patterned paper, Echo Park stamp/die set, Jillibean Soup and Basic Grey alphabets, Jenni Bowlin star stickers.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the anchors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color combination, and I like the way most of your page is contained and yet you have some things breaking the boundaries, like the splatters and the little stars. The anchor border and embellishments really tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous page!! LOVE the use of the inspiration colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colors on this!! Great page :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in this! We always enjoying eating at a Landry's - they must all be on the waterfront!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The anchor chain is such a nice touch. Fun that it is a man made lagoon too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fave is the chained anchors & the bright orange paper that brings it all to life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those anchors are simply perfect. I love how you always come up with something a bit different. love it

    ReplyDelete