photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

20 July 2016

Partaking of Pretty Papers

Well, over the weekend I got to hang out with my #1 crafting pal, my sister-in-law.  We were both visiting mom-in-law with our hubbies, and after lunch on Saturday, she dragged me, kicking and screaming here.  (Well, was that kicking and screaming, or jumping and squealing?)

20160716_130822

Daisy Lane Scrapbooking in Mattoon, IL,  biggest local scrapbook store that I have ever been in. 

(Pssst, sis-in-law – you could totally make a layout about this place and use that tall giraffe die-cut we got at our Creating Keepsakes workshop!!)

I should have taken pictures of the inside, but didn’t because I had been there once before when I did snap some, which now I can’t find.  Anyway, take my word, it is  “UUUUGE!”  They not only have current lines, but they have room to hold onto older lines as well, which makes it a great place to pick up another sheet of old favorites. Here’s what I came home with – half of this was 50% off.

20160718_105042 

A couple of close-ups of the goodies:

20160718_10512820160718_105052

And here are things I am keeping in mind for later (how much later, you’d have to ask the jumping and squealing girl?).

20160716_14093120160716_140942

Carta Bella’s Old World Travel line

20160716_14093520160716_140944

Kaisercraft’s Wanderlust Line

20160716_14333320160716_14333620160716_14334220160716_143353

Echo Park’s Party Time line – they had me at the music paper and with those gear/burst type shapes.

20160716_14274620160716_142749

Julie Nutting’s Belle Vie line for PhotoPlay.  I am really loving everything PhotoPlay does. Daisy Lane does lots and lots of sample pages too.  And there were other ideas I picked up.

20160716_14051120160716_141125

The Scrabble letters reminded me of the current Counterfeit Kit Challenge to be inspired by crosswords.  The simple idea of glitter on adhesive could be a real layout pick-me-upper.

After we got back to mom-in-law’s, we spent 45 minutes pouring over what sis-in-law called her impulse buy – Papercraft’s Card Sketch book found on the clearance rack (alas there was only one).  This is filled with fabulous ideas – here’s a snap of my favorite card inside.

cardsketchbook20160716_171618

You know, scrapbooking sharing over the Internet is fun, but it pales in comparison to shopping at a store with another scrapbooker.  Even looking at examples is so much more fun with a running commentary between the two of us.

Well, I had better get off the computer and finish up lots of chores so I can eventually play with pretty paper.

13 comments:

  1. Oh that store looks like a great place to spend an afternoon! I do most of my scrapbook shopping online but there's nothing like being in an actual scrapbook store and being able to see everything in person. Looks like you picked up some great items - I especially love those bicycles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This store looks like a really fun place. Oh scrappy shopping is the best! Looks like you made off with some awesomeness. Have fun scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my oh my, scrapbooking heaven! I'd want to get locked in overnight ... What a rich haul of colour and pattern - I especially like your world travel line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of that is a scrapbooking shop??? Ok, I need to sit down, I can't breathe lol. Ooooooohhhhhhhhh it's all so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun haul! I wish we had scrapbooking stores like that around here...none of ours has survived over the years. I have gotten into beautifying my planner quite a bit, and many of these scrapbooking embellishments work equally well for that kind of project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun haul! I wish we had scrapbooking stores like that around here...none of ours has survived over the years. I have gotten into beautifying my planner quite a bit, and many of these scrapbooking embellishments work equally well for that kind of project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I can just imagine how much fun you guys had!!!
    Looking forward to what you create with all of your great goodies.
    I have gone to Crafters Direct with my SIL and we have a blasts....we also buy so much because we encourage each other to, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG ... I would have been in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee what you got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susanne, I've never heard of this place. Is it anywhere near St. Louis? I'd love to take a day trip there the next time I'm "home." You got quite a few goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is time to dig out my passport & make a trip across the border - who knew there was a Mother Ship so close ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! I'd love you to come on over and check out MY LSS (Scrapabilly) - you would LOVE it! Looks like a super haul you have and what a lot of fun to have time with a scrappy friend rummaging through the supplies!

    ReplyDelete