photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

27 July 2016

Scrapperdee’s Questions Asked and Answered

I occasionally add new blogs to my reader, and Scrapperdee is a recent discovery.  She says in a prior life she was an accountant, so there’s another connection we share.

Recently, she posted this long list of “odd” questions.  When I’m at a loss for a blog post Shimelle had once stated that a list is always interesting.  In fact, back in 2011 (ye olden days of my blogging) I did a short series of a meme called Wee Bit Wednesday. This reminds me of that:

44 Odd Things...


1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes, ever since my high school boyfriend introduced me to it in salads.  But have you noticed that the blue cheese dressing you can buy in a bottle is never as good as the restaurants serve, even though I suspect they are using bottled dressing too.

2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? Tried one when I was about 10 or 12 – coughed like crazy, considered the matter closed.

3. Do you own a gun? No, but honestly I have not ruled it out completely in today’s crazy world.

4. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Vanilla, but with some kind of topping.

5. Do you get nervous before Doctor visits? Yes, but unfortunately less so as I going more often now that I am not as young as I used to be.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? Best enjoyed at the ball park.

7. Favorite Christmas movies? It’s a Wonderful Life.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coke Zero!

9. Do you do push-ups? Nope.

10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring, of course, followed closely by my heart shaped diamond earrings that hubby got me as a wedding present.

11. Favorite hobby? Scrapbooking!

12. Do you have A.D.D? Honestly, I wonder if I might.

13. What’s the one thing you hate about yourself? Hate is a strong word; that said, I wish I didn’t hold such strong opinions, sometimes.

14. Middle name? As I have told you before, I am not telling you.

15. Name three thoughts right now: I am hungry, I can’t put off cleaning house today, and I wish I remembered exactly what time my hair appointment is today or is it tomorrow.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coke Zero, Ice Tea, Lemonade (lately, the last two combined in an Arnold Palmer.)

17. Current worry? Just the general worry about my kids, and if I am a good enough mother.

18. Current hate right now? Hate is a strong word, but I am feeling a strong annoyance toward all politicians and those discussing politics on social media.

19. Favorite place to be? Visiting bookstores in someplace new – near or far away.

20. How do you ring in the new year? At home with family, often falling asleep before midnight, or shortly thereafter.

21. Where would you like to go? France, and it’s on the agenda.

22. Name three people who will complete this? Well, I don’t know which three of my blogging friends are in need of an easy blog post because they are feeling uninspired to blog – hoping none, if that is their only reason.

23. Do you own slippers? Yes, two pair at the moment, because I haven’t tossed the set with the split soles, which necessitating buying the second pair.

24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Blue, it’s actually the one I slept in.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Don’t think I’ve ever had the pleasure, would love to try it.

26. Can you whistle? No.

27. Favorite Color? Red, most shades all the way to pink.

28. Would you be a pirate? No, can’t swim well.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? None, can’t carry a tune – although that doesn’t stop me singing to the radio in car when I am by myself.

30. Favorite girls name? All forms of Anne – all the way to Annalisa.

31. Favorite boys name? Nick.

32. What’s in your pocket right now? Wearing shorts, nothing in pockets.

33. Last person that made you laugh? Hubby.

34. Best toy as a child? Lambie, I scrapped and blogged about him once.

35. Worst injury? Cracked my ankle falling down stairs shortly after I quit to become a SAHM.

36. Where would you love to live? A little cottage bungalow somewhere the summers weren’t so hot.

37. How many TV’s do you have in your house? 4

38. Who is your loudest friend? Leslee, my neighbor – she has the most boisterous laugh and it’s quite contagious.  She’d describe my laugh as more of a cackle!

39. How many dogs do you have? None, although I miss son’s dachshund when he’s not around.

40. Does someone trust you? Oh yes, sometimes because I am too darn honest.

41. What is your favorite movie? Gone With The Wind.

42. What’s your favorite candy? Chocolate covered cherries.

43. What’s your favorite sports team? St. Louis Cardinals.

44. What song do you want played at your funeral? The fact that you start thinking about these things when you get older is a little depressing, isn’t it.  I have actually killed time in church before the service looking at the hymns – pondering that very question.  I definitely want the last hymn to be something up tempo, leaving the crowd confident in the Resurrection to come.

And I certainly wish we weren’t ending on that note – so I’m adding one of my own.

45.  Do you have a good poker face?  No, I am pathetically easy to read.  Maybe that’s part of what keeps me honest.

9 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all your answers. Q&A's are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting read! Now I know a little more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Love these!! I haven't done one in some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love choc covered cherries too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell Susanne, Im trying hard to visit all the wonderful kind folks that visit me on my blog and that of course includes you. You really are so kind, thank you. I really like this Q&A. I think I was asked some long time ago to make a list of ten thing I love and ten things I hate, you know I might just do that on one Monday, it might help me to blog a little more often. thinking out loud here. I could do one of each for a couple of months! Thank you for some inspiration. I love chocolate cherries too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an interesting read! I laughed when I started reading because my answers to the first five would be totally opposite of yours (no, no, of course, chocolate, no). . . but then we've got some things in common! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun read through. #26, glad to see that I am not the only one who cannot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun list to read. Qs are encouraged to have everything in order and I've made a list of what I want sung/played at my memorial meeting/funeral.

    ReplyDelete