photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

16 July 2016

Sketches in Thyme #35–Project Life Style

July 2015 Planner Page – A Sketches In Thyme – Project Life Style project

DSC05319 

Sketch: sketchesinthymeanothersketch 
Steps: I am woefully behind in adding favorite monthly pictures to my 2015, yes, 2015, yes, that would be last year’s, Project Life planner.  I was diligent for the first few months, and then got lazy about printing the pictures and finishing the pages.  I know no one is surprised about that.

But when I noticed that this month’s sketch had stars on it, I thought it perfect for the month of July last year – because my current July 2016 counterfeit kit is very patriotic.
  • I scrunched the 4 x 6 design onto a 3 x 4 card, which worked better for the spots I had open in my planner.  The fact that the stars element is just part of the printed paper background allows that to work; otherwise the card might have seem too crowded.
  • I punched a star from a leftover pinwheel flower and added it a gem to anchor it.
  • The little flag on a stick pin stands in for label-type element on the top right.
  • The calendar is shrunk down from a free printable by Hadley Designs.
Scanforjuly.jpgScan.bmp-001

Here are the two pages in the planner, front and back for July 2015.  I scanned these instead of taking photos as it was a cloudy day waiting to rain, so the colors aren’t nearly as vibrant.  You can see on the top two photos on the right page, I played around in Picasa with effects to apply to a couple of the snapshots.

Stash: Bella Blvd All American pattern paper and flags plus We are Family sticker,  Elle’s Studio journal card, Queen & Co. gems, other stickers and plastic stars from stash

Now anyone want to guess how long it will take to me scrap this year’s 4th of July?

7 comments:

  1. Super cute Double page layout :) Love the card and all those fireworks :) Congrats I seen you won over at Michele's blog for the blog hop (Lasting Memories) for her give away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning the giveaway! Love what you did 20th the card - my heart responds to anything patriotic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeee this! LOVING all the photos!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nifty digital work and your little planner motif looks great with your photos and theme. Ah, being 'behind' is an occupational hazard, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you managed to get some really good fireworks photos. I've never been able to do that, so I don't even try anymore. The layout looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. clever take on the challenge taking it down to a 3x4. I say, just scrap what makes you happy when it makes you happy! This year's can wait for that moment!

    ReplyDelete