photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

17 July 2016

Summery Layout Prompt @ The Studio Challenges

Summer Light Show – a layout for The Studio Challenges

summer light show 

Start: The prompt over at The Studio Challenges was to create a summery layout.  I told you earlier this month that I had been stewing over this Little Yellow Bicycle paper with the fireflies.  When I spotted the June 15, 2106 Stuck?! Sketch by Laura Whitaker, which allowed me to tuck a row of photos in between the preprinted elements of this paper, I went for it. Drawing a parallel between the subject of the photos and the elements of the paper gave me my title.


stucksketch 
Style: I used tiny photos of fireworks from last year, and matted them with some Studio Calico white patterned paper with tiny gold lines.  I used the faint preprinted sunspot as the perfect place for a fireworks burst sticker, topped with a gem.  I added my title at the bottom, and embellished one of the mason jars by outlining it and sticking a Bella Blvd flag and a pin from my pincushion in a star diecut through the top of the jar.

Stash: My July 2016 Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit, of course!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lo and love the play on the title. Really great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do like those jars ... this is a great layout sketch, one that I am going to scrap lift right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I knew that YOU would find a creative use for YOUR challenging paper! :)
    This was really brilliant (pun intended) & so satisfying to triumph over, I would imagine. I went over the page three times before I appreciated all of it. Most excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on making a fabulous page using that tricky but delightful paper! Great job. I love the row of photos - it's really a great sketch

    ReplyDelete