photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

14 August 2016

A Wish For Sunshine

Sunshine – a layout for The Studio Challenges

sunshine-001 

Start: With this sketch and if you are me, flip it upside down.

studiochallengeaugsketch 
Style:
  • I decided to do some doubling up on this layout.

    • First of all, I matted two pictures.  Then I cut several stripes off the striped piece so that the green printed patterned paper showed on the corners.
    • I added two strips of washi-style stickers to tie the center block down onto the page.
    • Then I started with embellishments – stacking two sunburst epoxy stickers and using a third flower one inside.
    • I layered a blue swirl sticker over the row of triangles under the small photo because epoxy stickers seem to stick to themselves really well.
    • Two snails, that seem to fit in with lazy summertime theme, were another fun touch. Honestly, who would ever use snails on their layouts if they weren’t so pink and cute.
    • For journaling I paraphrased one stanza and refrain from John Denver’s song, Sunshine on My Shoulders.
Stash: This was a nice mix of items from Noel Mignon’s Summer Lovin’ Kit and very old stash.

Patterned papers – Shimelle Starshine Gemini, Dear Lizzy Happy Place Be Free
Cardstock – Bazzill Natural
Alphabets – American Crafts Thickers in Doll and Fantastic
Epoxy – American Crafts Thickers Umbrella Set, Fancy Pants Atwell, Recollections Triangles
Washi stickers – Little Yellow Bicycle Fresh Print Clothesline
Chipboard – KI Memories Juicy Summer

Now hop on over to The Studio Challenges and see what the rest of the team has done.

10 comments:

  1. I love this bright, fun, summery page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the bright, happy colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all those bright happy colours. Great take on the sketch! I sure loved the look of that NM Summer Lovin kit, but never quite got there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those snails are really cute and perfect for this bright, happy summery page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to wish you a very happy and blessed SonDay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun layout!!
    I like that you used 2 photos in this sketch..great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh...love the bright and cheery colors. Thank you for your faithful following of my blog even though I didn't do the same. I don't know how long it will be until I fall off the blogging wagon again x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute and fun page!! LOVE the pink and your embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a comfy seat - what a lovely bright page.

    ReplyDelete