photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

28 August 2016

Let’s Take A Stroll . . . Down Memory Lane

Let’s Take A Stroll  -  a layout for The Studio Challenges




Start: Today’s challenge at The Studio Challenges is to use this mood board – pink loves teal.

studiomoodboardaug 
Style: It was easy to know that I was going to do a girlie page, and the photos I found of my daughter when she was young had quite a bit of teal in them from her stroller.  I chose the Adornit paper with tiny pink flower clusters and a smidgen of teal for my main paper.  I matted the photos and sort of tucked them into the center of the layout.  I then created a banner below them, reminiscent of the crossbars you see on strollers that have toys for the kiddos to enjoy.

I enjoyed sprinkling the page with little bits, and then I made my own flair by circle punching another photo from this day and covering it with glossy accents.  It’s not perfect because it has some tiny air bubbles in it, but it is cute just the same.

strollflairdetail
Stash: My August Counterfeit Challenge kit – most notably the background paper by Creative Imaginations, the floral and dots are by Adornit. the banner from American Crafts and the lined pattern is by Crate Paper. The resin flowers, vellum die-cuts and sequins are from Mimosa, the alphabets are both Thickers and the ribbon and miscellaneous doodads are from my stash.

If you are in the mood for more pink and teal, head over to The Studio Challenges to see what the rest of the team has done.  Me, I think I might take a stroll.

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the banner and the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really such a lovely page and such sweet vintage photos. the mix of papers and patterns in the mood board colours are just lovely and your visual triangle really brings the attention to that sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little darling! I love how you tucked the tiny circular photo in below - almost like a little custom flair. The sweet little banner & pretty resin flowers make this so cute & girlie on the lacy-edged background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really pretty! That background paper is lovely. I need to look out some scalloped edge papers and use them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet! I love all the little delicate touches and that adorable flair - I'll have to give that glossy accents technique a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome design and beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete