photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

22 August 2016

Memorandum Monday–Back to School Edition

Well, college girl starts classes today and I miss her already.  And when we dropped her off last Wednesday we forgot to take pictures.  I remembered as soon as we were on the road home and texted her to send me some of the room when she got done, and she did.  She just forgot to put herself in any of the shots.

So as I am typing this regretting that I don’t have a picture to share, my phone clicks.  She has messaged me with first day of school pictures at 6:25 in the morning. (Well, she is in an earlier time zone – 7:25 there.)  And she gave me permission to share.


Screenshot_1stday.PNG

So here you go.  And whatever else I had planned for this post is forgotten.

PS  My accidentally hitting the wrong button on the phone to get the screenshot nicely hid her phone number.  But I have not quite mastered getting a longer strip of conversation captured in a single shot yet.  And of course, that alone is enough to make me weepy,  right? Never mind the fact that she sent me pictures of the first day of school without any prompting.

Let’s not tell college girl I cut the Memorandum short to find a box of Kleenex.

Now go see what Sian @FromHighInTheSky and our bloggy friends are doing today.

12 comments:

  1. How thoughtful! Hope her first day went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you today! I know just how you feel - my oldest son started college today. We are so lost without him here! It's going to take some getting used to - and he's only about 45 minutes away! Can't imagine how it would be if he were further away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope her first day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter looks ready to tackle her first day at school. She probably had tissues ready herself. Happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet smart girl she is remembering to send Mom a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is so cute that the first day of school pictures are ingrained in to her! Once they get to college, you never know what you'll get! I have a feeling this one knows you'll want pictures of everything. She seems happy enough to oblige!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome daughter sending you first day photos. I use to hate dropping my youngest off at college and still hate having to say goodbye to her, when I leave her on the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How thoughtful of her. It is hard for us when our chicks grow and leave the nest xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...I am so NOT ready to go through this!
    My heart goes out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know how you feel, I've been through it twice!! I hope her first day went well.

    ReplyDelete