photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

16 August 2016

Sketches In Thyme #39–Project Life Style

Pocket Letter – a project for Sketches in Thyme – Project Life Style

This is a pocket letter that I sent to my daughter at college.  I added a short and sweet handwritten note on the typewriter card before sending it off.  It is filled with happy thoughts and is just meant to let her know we are thinking about her.

DSC05249

I have to admit the hardest part of doing pockets, is not throwing everything but the kitchen sink into them, because it really is a splendid way to use up leftovers.

Sketch: sketchesinthymeyetagainDSC05250

Steps:
  • I used a vertical card instead of a horizontal one.
  • I substituted a square element cut from patterned paper for the round element.
  • I accented with a chipboard heart that ties into other pockets in a downward diagonal flow.
Stash: These are mostly leftover bits and bobs from my May 2016 Counterfeit Kit with the addition of 3 Stampin Up buttons and another Two Peas flair.

Paper – Teresa Collins Something Wonderful
Stickers – Life, Love Paper for Studio Calico
Chipboard – Basic Grey

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh I just loveeeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is awesome...have never before thought of pocket letters as apposed to PL spreads. I love this possibility x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet thing that you sent to your daughter!! I LOVE all the colors and your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to send some love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried one of these yet. Yours is wonderful! I think you showed great restraint :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely thing to receive - the interaction is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet gesture. I love this idea and may pinch it for myself!

    ReplyDelete