photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

30 August 2016

Stick It Down

What a great name for a scrapbooking challenge site!  What great advice when you are not really feeling the creative mojo!  Just take those pictures and stick them down on that paper – and go from there.  Here is a case in point:

Nick Meets Thor – a sketch challenge page made with my counterfeit kit

20160805_134659
Start: August layout sketch from Stick It Down

stickitdownsketchaug2016 
Style: I really like layouts with a horizontal band across them, it naturally leads the eye.  Sorry for the tilted photo, but the sun had peeked out and was glaring off the photos otherwise.

(The imperfection of that roller stamp bugs me, sorry I did that.)


Stash: The two striped papers are leftovers from another project and everything else is from my August counterfeit kit. The woodgrain is actually the flip side of a little black and white print I chose for the kit, and I like the way the band cuts the paper separating the whiter top from the brown bottom.

That’s it for today. 

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet page-love the birdie chipboard in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page, love the colors and the chipboard. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen-Design Team--http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I always struggle with those animal embellishments but you make them look perfectly at home on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your little details and the color combination is just gorgeous! Amazing work!! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down for the August challenge!

    Khristina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch. Wonderfully created :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fab Susanne!
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't noticed the background paper getting lighter at the top - great idea to use those bright scraps to minimize that & also to anchor your photos. Really cute moment to capture :) I love the whimsical birds with the garden photos. (I am not finding the roller stamping, so how bad can it be?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!
    (see stick it down post)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way the vertical striped paper mimics the fence. Glad you got it stuck down...it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete