photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

06 August 2016

Storytime

Storytime – a layout based on a Stuck?! sketch

20160804_081922 

 Start: I started with the August challenge sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches.  It is a perfect sketch for using up the last scraps of papers from a kit.  In my case, these were the last bits from a Creating Keepsakes class.

Stuck 8-1 
Story: In order to get lots of pictures of my son scrapped at once, I have sorted many of them into themes.  In all these shots, he is reading or his Dad is reading to him.  The photo of him reading in sunglasses just cracks me up.

Style: With many long strips leftover, I used the largest as the base center strip and cut down others to frame the photos.  I also tucked in journal cards so that just the title or saying I wanted to use showed.  Just because a journal cards has many lines, doesn’t mean I am required to write on them.

I punched a curvy label as the base of my bottom right cluster in a shape that echoed one of the journal cards above it and stacked bits from my stash on top of it.  The ampersand worked great when I cut two bits out from one of the patterned paper – b is for boy & q is for quiet.

Speaking of quiet – all the white space does a lot to quiet the many vibrant colors of the papers.  After this layout, all I had left were small bits which I recycled and the large sticker alphabet sheet which I filed. Yay!  Another bag of goodies from my big basket under the island has been emptied.

Stash: Jillibean Soup Sweet & Spicy Soup line papers and Wise Words sticker, American Crafts Family Ties Together corrugated alphabet, Crafty Pockets flair from her Etsy shop.  (You can mix and match flair from her various sets – so economical and so fun!)

13 comments:

  1. This is cute - I like the layers of paper and the title is fun. I often use only parts of journalling cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout! I love the bits of journaling cards - I must remember to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this! LOVING the photos and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Layout and your pics are so sweet (especially the COOL Guy in shades LOL)
    Great colour combo for a masculine page - I love the use of pink on boy pages!!
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had more photos like this! They're great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - what a great sketch! Def perfect for killing a kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, he cracks me up too!!! Pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice idea to categorise photos and then work through them. At the weekend, I really needed to tidy up and get straight ready for my sister's visit next week. So of course I HAD to organise all my photos - boxes and boxes and boxes of them. I mean, that makes all the difference of course to the tidiness of the flat as a whole, right?!? Anyway, as I was sorting through all these thousands of photos, I was considering different ways to deal with them all - categories did come to mind. Great minds, once again. That Scorpio thang!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet layout!!!
    Your take on the sketch it great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so pretty, the colours are so fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous mix of colours and patterns. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job with the sketch! Love that used tons of bits and pieces. There's nothing quite like making a great page with the very last pieces of a collection we love. YAY! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete