photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

11 September 2016

Hello Cutie-pie

Hello Cutie – pie – a layout for The Studio Challenges

hellocutiepie2 


Start: The challenge today over at The Studio Challenges is to use a frame or frames on your project, in any way you like.


Style: I found two little Crate Paper frames left over from an old kit and paired them up with two cute photos of my son when he was a baby.  Lately, I have been enamored with layouts that divide the page into two parts.  I used part of the heart die-cut for one side and a nice horizontal stripe on the other.  I used a vertical border of a dot print and gold washi tape.


I filled in a few of the negative spaces in the open hearts on the left with cardstock and I punched and placed positive hearts on the right side.  My title fell to the bottom right so I balanced the layout with a small cluster featuring a gold heart on the top left.  I don’t think you can tell in the picture just how shiny and gold the kraft alphabet is after I painted it with a Current gold pen.

I had a lot of fun doing this page, although I probably fiddled around with the embellishments an hour more than was necessary.

Stash: My September Peachy Keen Days counterfeit kit, plus the Crate Paper frames, Heidi Swapp die-cut corner and that pink MME button.

Why not pop over and see what the rest of the team has whipped up?  By the way, their design team call is open until the end of next week – September 24th. 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - this layout is so stinkin' cute! I love the heart die cut and every other thing on this layout! Just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout. I never seem to remember to use those little frames. I can't wait to get back to scrapbooking. I'm planning on next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors, the photos and the little hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute layout and cute baby :)
    I love the heart die cut paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very sweet page. Great job with matching the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute page. LOVE how you filled up some of the hearts.

    P/s: Once I find a pleasing composition, I stick my embellishments down immediately so I don't fiddle with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great page and what a cutie he was! Why do they have to grow up???? LOL This too is my favourite design for a page. It is a great way to showcase patterns. Loving your diecut effect and use of the little frames. I should round up some of mine and get them into some pages too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful colors and design elements! The heart cut outs are wonderful and I really like the placement of the framed photos! A lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page - I like all the papers & bits you've used on it!

    ReplyDelete