photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 September 2016

September 2016 Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2

Summer Fun – a layout for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog

summerfun2-002

Start: The second challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge this month is:  Just One Lesson.  The directive:  Go back to any class you've taken that is scrapbook related, and just do one of the lessons.

Well now, that is right up my alley as I have been working through all sorts of old classes – both those taken in person and those taken online.  I decided to do a layout from the Scrapbook and Cards Today recent class titled Easy, Detailed, Expert.

Style: The class lessons each provide a sketch and then give you three examples of how to approach a layout in increasing amounts of difficulty and detail.  I would say that my layout falls into the middle or detailed range.

This page is a companion to the layout I did for Challenge YOUrself earlier this month.  The same great floral design from We R Memory Keepers graces both layouts.

Stash: My September Counterfeit Challenge kit, plus those acrylic black and white flowers from Making Memories that I added to coordinate with the MAMBI transparencies.  I think a pocket page or two with the rest of the pictures from this girl’s only road trip will suffice – although I admit to having printed dozens and dozens of pictures.  What can I say, but that I was caught up in the SUMMER FUN.

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the photo and the colors!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute layout! I love the background design and title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layouts and good to see them, I have lost my mojo for scrapbooking lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I really like the black & white mixed in with all the color. And a girls' only road trip sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The b&w makes a great contrast to the brighter, bolder colours and helps frame that super cute photo of the two of you! I like the idea of a road trip and have never really done one. Adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous. LOVE the use of the words...especially how you did the titlework with the arrow....how fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a lovely picture that it deserves a page on its own

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous as always!! Love that you used stash, I do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful layout!!
    Great photo as well.
    I am going on a girls only road trip this weekend with my daughters :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this happy page! Loving the effect of the red frame. Great picture of you and your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FUN layout & a great photo of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the banner that holds your colorful title. Fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!!!! I love this challenge. I need to get caught up on the challenges and see if I can't do a few this month!! Your LO really rocks this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like those transparency circles. You both look SO HAPPY in that photo! So sweet

    ReplyDelete