photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

16 September 2016

Sketches in Thyme #43–Project Life Style

Follow Your Heart – a layout for Sketches in Thyme Project Life Style

notefollowyourheart 

Start: This week’s sketch over at Sketches in Thyme – Project Life Style is one that I designed.  Yes, me of all people!  I was playing around with scraps one day in my studio and made several sketches for pocket cards. Note that I have no digital sketch making skills so I used actual scraps of product, photographed them and turned them black and white.

I sent them to Kimberly with my fingers crossed that she might like to use one of them.  It turned out that she liked all three.  So you will see one a month in September through November.


sketchinthyme43

I used the corner of a Fancy Pants transparency to get the background effect you see here.  In place of the rectangular scrap of paper, I printed a quote in box on the white background card. Since I had made a slit in the transparency at the heart to insert the card for the sketch, I tied a little twine around it for the layout.


20160907_124413-002

I used the pre-printed portion of the sheet on the right to determine how I would embellish on the left, adding a doily and stamping with the burst pattern from Stampin Up’s Kinda Eclectic set.  Buttons, bakers twine and Tim Holtz washi tape add the finishing touches.

Story: This is one of those introspective pages that I do now and again, and I’ve written a little note to myself on the hidden journal card.   Actually it is the younger me giving the older me advice, instead of the usual way round. Like I said, I was in an introspective mood.

Stash: Other than the journal card I made, most of the rest of this is from My Mind’s Eye Follow Your Heart collection.  It is the last few bits of a class kit from several years ago, and I am glad to have finished it off.

7 comments:

  1. Well congrats to you! I love your layout and the doilies. You always do such a great job with the little details. I'll look forward to your upcoming works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! LOVING the colors and the photos!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your sketching success! A great technique using a B&W picture of actual product. Love this page. The embellished layering is terrific! Great photos too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an honour- congrats on you sketch designs. Look forward to seeing what the others are like too. I love your layout and the process explained in creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty ephemera and portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of that MME papers and such a lot of lovely bits and pieces to decorate. It's a great sketch and a lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous as always. Love the cluster of ephemera :)

    ReplyDelete