photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 September 2016

Sunshine and Happiness

Sunshine and Happiness – a Challenge YOUrself layout

sunshinehappiness

Start: The prompt for September is to use sewing on your page

cy33

Style: I decided to do some hand-stitching on my layout – first stitching down the doily as the entry point to the layout and then adding two other circles in a visual triangle, one along a pretty border to the left of the page.  I used Bazzill In-Stitchz templates to mark the circles.

Then I stacked 2 4 x 6 journal cards, including my photo on the top one.  A sprinkling of doo-dads and mists, and the page is done.

Stash: My September Counterfeit Challenge kit, plus Mr. Huey mists.

15 comments:

  1. Your page is fabulous, Susanne! I absolutely LOVE the way you stitched on your gorgeous layout! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stitched circles and then how you embellished them with bits and pieces. I can't wait until I can get back in my scrapbook room! You've given/reminded me of many ideas! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the rainbow colors and how awesome is that stitching on the doily! What a great idea!! Love your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful~love the stitching on the corner. Great page :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bright and happy! I really like that stitching on the doily too. I finally found a place to keep my sewing machine out where I can use it but there's a little extra charm with hand-stitching that I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty layout and great photo of you!!
    I admire anyone who stitches on their pages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful and summery page! Your stitching is perfect! It always adds so much to a page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a colorful and bright page...love all the details...and the handstitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried stitching on a doily. I'm sure it takes patience. A lovely result, though

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page!! LOVE the bright cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! Love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stitching is fabulous. And love the border going down the left side.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always love seeing hand-stitching! Intrigued by the rainbow of stamping (?) under the twine.

    ReplyDelete