photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

25 September 2016

Watercolours @ The Studio Challenges

halfpastautumn 

Start: The second challenge of September over at The Studio Challenges is to use watercolours.  I immediately thought of this paper, it is the reverse of a sheet of Acorn Avenue by Crate Paper.

Style: In keeping with the soft effect that watercolours possess, I decided to layer a very subtle washi tape, a muted stripe 4 x 6 card, and a dotted transparency under my photo. A simple bow and a gathering of wood items and buttons form a cluster at the corner. The little yellow flower picks up the yellow directly from the photo, but the other colors are complementary.  I added see through epoxy dots like dew drops and a sprinkling of mist.  (When the misting was a little too bold, I used more washi tape to soften it.)

Stash: Patterned paper – Crate Paper, Card, transparency, stickers – My Mind’s Eye,  Alphabet – Sassafras Lass, Epoxy droplets – Kaisercraft, Washi tape – Little B, remainder from stash.

8 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeee this! That paper is PERFECT for this!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing page. I remember that paper from the collection! It was so perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture, fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a really lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some of that paper and loved it! This is a gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh.......such a pretty layout, love it! Gorgeous papers :)

    ReplyDelete