photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

18 October 2016

Memorandum–Wait, wait, I missed Monday

With just three days to catch up from our trip to France, I managed to prep and pack for the long weekend crop at The Paper Doll House.  You may have seen a few snaps over on Instagram of a layout or two.  It was my second time to go with sis-in-law Trenna, and I loved it again.

20161016_140842

I purposely packed unused or underutilized items from my studio – like embossing folders and metal dies to use in my Big Shot (the one I won at Creating Keepsakes).  Also, I grabbed a Christmas Crop & Create kit from 2014 and several class kits from Creating Keepsakes (yes they do seem to be never-ending).  We filled up the back of her Prius with a little room to spare.

cropwkend

The bed and breakfast is a charming old place; the proprietor is very, very welcoming and accommodating. With only half as many scrappers there as she could hold, the place felt airy and more relaxed than my first visit.

Trenna and I settled in at a nice large wooden library table in the back corner of the room and got to work.  I finished 18 layouts, 1 pocket page and 4 Christmas cards from a kit over the 3 days we were there.  I could have gotten even more done if I had taken more types of photos, instead I was forced to keep working on my backlog Christmas photos of years past.  That’s not really a bad thing.

cropwkend-002

We were on our own for lunch one day, and walked the main street in downtown Sycamore, just blocks away from the B and B.  Sycamore, IL is adjacent to DeKalb, IL which is a college town, home to Northern Illinois University.  I wonder if that might be part of the reason that Sycamore’s “downtown” shopping in historic old buildings and variety of restaurants is really quite good.

cropwkend-001

We perused a couple shops – at least one of which qualified as NEW this weekend.  I managed to pick up two Christmas presents too. We also visited the dollar store as in years past that has more than its fair share of scrapbooking items.  We made a separate run to Michael’s and Hobby Lobby when sis-in-law ran out of adhesive – and I may have picked up an item of two there (and there) as well.  I managed to at least partially use almost everything I purchased, and killed a whole sticker sheet on one layout.

cropwkend-004

Mary Kim always serves brunch late on Sunday morning, with her signature eggs benedict; this time paired with red velvet waffles – also a first.  They are yummy with syrup and whipped cream, but afterwards she brought us out the extras as a snack.  Quite high on the yummy scale, even plain.  I will be looking up recipes for those.

Sunday afternoon we headed back to Trenna’s and went to see The Magnificient Seven, a remake of a good old fashioned western shoot-em-up.  It was pretty good.  I drove home on Monday a.m. and quite accidentally realized that I could do a rest-stop here – so I did.

20161017_095834

Even though I am sick of scrapping Christmas photos – I bought some of this paper line to help renew my enthusiasm.

CBCD58014_Christmas_Delivery_Stickers

I arrived home around 2 and by 4 was ready for a nap before dinner.  It turned out to be a nap before breakfast, as I slept straight through to 4 a.m.  So theoretically I should be ready to tackle my day – which includes a dentist appointment, laundry and unpacking from the crop.

I hope your Monday was fun too.  Did you send a memo to Sian and friends with all the details?

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous time! LOVING all the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend and getting lots accomplished! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great title! You had me at "big wooden library table"..I honestly can't think of anything nicer than sitting there, with good company, scrapbooking.

    Wishing you a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a successful weekend you had - scrapbooking, shopping, and eating - couldn't really ask for more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy, fun and productive weekend. Glad you got to catch up on your sleep too. Yeah for catching up on some Christmas photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness what a fabulous time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had as much fun at your weekend crop as I did :)
    Wow, you completed a lot of projects!!
    Your breakfast looks delish.
    I had to have a nap when I got home as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! And so productive, too. The whole weekend looks ideal to me---crafting, shopping, delicious food, and it appears, good weather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susanne, I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. It sounds like you had a great time with your sister in law. Is that picture of Daisy Lane in Mattoon? I started out scrapbooking and now only make cards. I hope you'll visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like it was a FUN and productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun get away & those Eggs Benedict look SOOO yummy. A weekend away & scrappy with friends - I can only dream ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely weekend ~ proud you got so much done :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an amazing weekend! Thanks for taking us along. I bought a few sheets of that Carta Bella Christmas line too. It is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...your weekend was amazing. I am afraid that new Christmas stash will not even inspire me to make Christmas layouts. I checked yesterday and it has been years since I last did anything remotely Christmas themed. Thank you for your comment on my blog today. Nobody was nasty because I haven't given anyone the opportunity to be...my box was well hidden :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a wonderful weekend and you were so productive. I have a retreat this weekend but won't make anywhere near that amount as a lot of the time is taken up with classes. That breakfast looks divine - I have just had to show your photograph to Mr P as he loves eggs benedict, he was very interested with all the extras that you had with it. Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh! I've completely forgotten about The Paper Doll House. My SIL and I went there years ago when it first opened. In fact, Mary Kim introduced us to our very first Archivers. I'm going to look in to going back. I remember feeling so pampered that weekend. Mary Kim even picked us up from the airport. Thanks for the reminder. Glad you had a fun weekend too!

    ReplyDelete