photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 October 2016

October At Challenge YOUrself

I Love/Hate Book Work – a Challenge YOUrself #34 layout

lovehatebookwork 

Start: This month’s challenge is to use this color scheme on a layout including a picture of YOURSELF!!

cy34

Story: I must be honest – these are not “my colors”.  And so subliminally I think I chose to scrap a less than pleasant chore.  Here I am in the early morning hours -- 6:15:58 a.m. to be exact –– on a Sunday no less -- working on paying bills, etc.  I bet I had procrastinated all week, and was feeling guilty on Sunday because that IS how I roll.

No contacts,  just my reading glasses, no makeup and my hair pulled back and up - working at the computer - probably on Quicken. Yep, the real me  (the one who now wishes she knew how to work magic with Photoshop - hehe) .


Style: October Afternoon’s 9 to 5 collection fit my topic and included softer versions of the pumpkin, butternut and olive that were required.  I added the chestnut through a scrap of paper and buttons.  The black alphabet and washi tape fill out the fallish fivesome of colors.

I decided to ink the edges of the papers to blend them and was little bit messy in the process – which is perfect.  Book work can be messy if you are not careful. Get too sloppy and you’ll never be in balance.

You might recognize this as an old Pagemaps sketch, although I have altered it so much that only Becky Fleck would see a glint a familiarity.  Thanks to her for getting me started!

Stash: October Afternoon 9 to 5 papers named Meeting Minutes, Girl Friday, Steno Pad and Paid In Full. Stickers, metal brads and alphabet from same line.

Jillibean Soup Fresh Vegetable Soup line, sheet called Mushrooms.

Maya Road & paper clip

Prima washi tape

Studio Calico puffy alphabet

Stampin Up buttons and inks

4 comments:

  1. I like your honesty with this layout, which I think is great. I like how you have used the word background paper (of which I have some & cannot figure out how to use effectively-you gave me a starting place). Your black & white photo really helps set the tone of your task & what the page is about. If I was doing a page about my using Quicken, it would have to be in blues because there is always a lot of blue smoke surrounding me as I try to master Quicken's report function. (col).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! And I feel the SAME way about bill paying/paperwork! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this layout, Susanne. I think it is awesome. And I love the photo, too. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the 9-5 bits to use on a page about me. I feel the same way about bookwork. I was so miffed when they stopped Quicken for the Mac :(

    ReplyDelete