photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

06 November 2016

Another Fall Color Scheme Prompt

Leaving On A Jet Plane – a layout for The Studio Challenges

20161025_155305

Start: This color scheme prompt from The Studio Challenges

fall color scheme

Style: I started by bordering and layering the suitcase patterned paper and the map paper on my natural cardstock background.  Then I added an embossed and inked card side by side with a small collage of pictures featuring hubby and I on our flight to Paris (our first selfie of the trip), along with the departure board in the departing airport and my first sign of Paris at the destination airport. The colors were wildly disparate, so I turned them black and white.

I established the left to right flow by embellishing the card on the left and then highlighting Charlotte on the right side with an arrow chipboard piece.  I tucked a small envelope contiaing our boarding passes and luggage tags under a cluster anchored by a suitcase.  Another cluster at the top right corner gives a nod to the fact that our flight was overnight.

Stash: My November Counterfeit Kit (Recollections of Autumn 2009) plus the glassine bag by Whiskers Graphics and the suitcase embossing folder by Darice.

I encourage you pop over to The Studio Challenges blog and see what topics the other ladies covered with this autumn color scheme.

10 comments:

  1. I like the map on this one too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the map paper and the suitcases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm . . . I notice a distinct lack of the yellow from the INSPIRATION color scheme! :( LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combination and travel documents tucked in the little envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of pattern papers & they tie in perfectly with the map. I really like this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Susanne...love the map paper and the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and love that stamp!Might have to scraplift this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great detail and I love the inclusion of memorabilia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The star element at the top to represent your overnight flight is inspired! What a cute travel layout.

    ReplyDelete