photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 November 2016

November 2016 Counterfeit Kit Reveal Blog Hop

Over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, we are ready for a new inspiration kit.  Before I reveal my kit to you, I have a confession to make.  I did not know what kit was chosen when I started to put my kit together – back in August. Yes, three months ago.

It was then that I was deep cleaning the studio and clearing out stash for our local scrapbook store’s annual rummage sale.  While cleaning and clearing, I repeatedly noticed items that would be great for an autumn scrapbook kit. After all, November’s inspiration kit was surely going to be fall themed, right?

Yes, these were odds and ends – old ones, some dating back to circa 2009 when I started scrapping and blogging online.  That only made me all the more determined as this past year I had been working mostly with newer items from my stash. My November mission became to include the oldest stuff I could find, and FINALLY use it up.  Trouble is that this filled a pizza-style box to overflowing – so I set it all aside until now.

When I saw this month’s inspiration kit by Cocoa Daisy:

cocoadaisycityparkkit

I could begin to whittle it down to those items that went with the main colors of coffee brown, leaf green and creamy straw. Still I ended up with a sizeable kit that will be suitable for layouts as well as pocket pages.  Like the inspiration kit it has a dual personality of the great outdoors and travel too.  I think it will be a kit that will hold my interest with its variety.

nov2016papers

My kit: Recollections of Autumn, 2009


nov2016kit

Stash: Cardstock:
We R Memory Keepers Black Widow Dirt & Baby Mine Green
Coredinations Coconut Cream Woodgrain
Bazzill Peach and Creampuff

Patterned papers:
Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go Afternoon Delight (2012)
Little Yellow Bicycle, Acorn Hollow, 2 sheets (2012)
Little Yellow Bicycle, Pack Your Bags, 2 sheets (2009)
Cosmo Cricket, Joy Ride, Pit Stop (2009)
October Afternoon, Daily Flash, All Boy Me First
October Afternoon 3 6 x 8 sheets

Alphabets:
Basic Grey, Pyrus (2010)
Thickers, Ledger and Flash Card (both 2012)

Stickers:
Bella Blvd, Honey I’m Home (2009)
Basic Grey Pyrus Epoxy Stickers (2010)

Chipboard:
Cosmo Cricket – Joyride (2009)
Basic Grey – unknown floral/leaves
Chatterbox – Fabulous

Miscellaneous Items:
Stampin Up Autumn Transparency Cut-Aparts (2008)
Glitz, Kismet Rub-ons
Pretty Little Studio Nature Walk labels, flair and cards
Studio Calico Mini Flair
Jillibean Soup - Ribbon/Twine
Bo Bunny Brads – Olivia (2010)
American Crafts DIY Tags
Technique Tuesday Owl Stamps
Studio Calico Go See Do Clear Stamps
Assorted Printable Autumn 3 x 4 cards
Crate Paper After Dark Enamel dots
Stops:



  • Guest Designer Dawn: www.dawnsscrapbookcottage.blogspot.com
  • Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
  • Lynnette: http://www.sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com
  • Margie: http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com
  • Susan: http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.com
  • Susanne: http://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com
  • Jemma: http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk
  • Kelly: http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com
  • Julene: http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
  • Clair: http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Lesley:  Oh! Blog It!

  • What will your November kit look like?

    17 comments:

    1. I love how pretty and different everyone's kits are! Warm and cozy, this sort of feels like a heritage kit, which is perfect for November, of course! Very pretty!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh I do love what you have chosen for this month :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Looks like you rediscovered some awesome goodness in your older stash! I like what you picked out and look forward to seeing what wonderful creations are made with all of it!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love the outdoors-y feel your kit has! Beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Isn't it good to rediscover older items in your stash? You've picked a gorgeous array of goodies here, have fun!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I adore your old stash kit! It looks right up to date and although I recognise several of the older items, I'd not really have noticed that it was not from this year! Super kit and I also have some really old (older than 2009!!!) items in my kit too - I think many of us were inspired to head back in time. Love it, as always Susanne!

      ReplyDelete
    7. You'd never know that stash was "old" - great forward thinking on your part S xxx

      ReplyDelete
    8. Oh, this looks like another really FUN kit!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Love the colours and textures here. I've had to remind myself I have more than enough fall physical bits here to make many many pages after being tempted by several friends shopping/new stash posts.

      I'm also very impressed that you were able to put designers and dates on all of it!

      ReplyDelete
    10. thanks for visiting my blog! What a great kit, I love mixing things up. Glad to find someone else that says kidlets too LOL.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Love what you came up with!! Great idea using the oldest stuff!!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Great job on going through stash to use up the oldest stuff. I've been trying to do that as well. Your kit is quite lovely this month! It's large but not too large. I think you can get through it rather easily!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Autumn kits are always my favourite. I'd scrapbook autumn all year round. So I'll be looking out to see what you make with this one.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Great job on following both themes and keeping with the autumn vibe too. I love that you added the dates of your older items - it gives me great satisfaction to include really old items in my kits and then use them up, and I've no doubt that you will do the same. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects this month!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Looks like a versatile kit, especially with all of those lovely embellishments x

      ReplyDelete
    16. Wow Susanne...you really have a knack of putting a kit together. I just can't do it.

      ReplyDelete