photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

20 November 2016

Place Setting Inspiration at The Studio Challenges

Thanksgiving 1983 – a layout for the The Studio Challenges

Blog Stuff8 

Start: The newest challenge over at The Studio Challenges is to use this place setting photo as inspiration.

IMG_5628

Style: As you can see this is all about simplicity in color and complexity in texture to foster a sense of warmth.  In my mind’s eye, it is an updated take on a homespun look – the chalkboard on the wall and the black pendant lights add a little modernity.

I took the inspiration to heart in a couple of ways.  First, I did a layout about Thanksgiving dinner.  Second, I mimicked the long table by doing a double layout that features 6 photos like place settings.

To add texture, I used doilies, twine, brads and buttons too.  The warm homespun paper collection is inviting and appropriate for the topic.

Stash: Basic Grey Herbs & Honey paper, chipboard alpha, die-cuts and brads.  Bella Blvd washi tape, everything else from stash.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! I love the colors, all of your embellishments, and your take on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING all the photos and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the inspiration and I love seeing double page layouts. The pink-yellow-gray color scheme is warm and lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great double LO! Love the colour palette. Love these 80's photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blend of pattern paper is very good, nothing overwhelms the other. The photo of the table looks like so many of the beautifully designed set tables I saw on the house tour this weekend. I feel renewed in my attempts to get some decent at dinner photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great collection of all the elements and even better memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! Although setting the table is my favorite thing to do, I never thought about it in a scrapbook related way. I'll be trying that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of the photos of place settings. That's very clever. Wow..1983..doesn't seem that long ago, and yet it feels like a lifetime ago at the same time..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This 2pagers has a wonderful design. Love all the texture you added.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great spread - I so rarely do spreads these days and this is very appealing to get so many photos down with all the embellies and such and it's still stylish and pleasing :-)

    ReplyDelete