photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

16 November 2016

Sketches in Thyme Plus Counterfeit Kit Challenges

Start: sitpl51

And here the thrid sketch I designed for Sketches In Thyme – Project Life Style #51.

Style: I love the repetition of the bold items on this card.  I used some adorable camera brads my sis-in-law had recently given me.  Because of the text on the card, I couldn’t cut a large fishtail into it, Instead, I added a little fishtail banner at the top.  The bold print on the card works nicely with the bold printed overlay on the companion page in this album about our Tennessee trip.

20160921_080143 


Stuff: Blog Stuff8

And then here’s my layout for the third challenge for the Counterfeit Kit Club, to use lots of layers on a layout.  This one has five layers under the photos – and the layers at the top are slightly different than the layers at the bottom.  It uses up lots of cut paper pieces from my November kit.  I added in both gold alphabets, to give the page a little pizzazz.

give thanks

There are two tricky things about layers – first, getting the glued down just the way you had the laid out and secondly, making sure you maintain a balance to both side of the pages.  For the first problems, many scrappers will staple the layers together, which I think works well in cases of smaller pieces.  For the second problem, a photograph will usually show up the problem easily.  You can see here that this same layout was heavy to the right before I added that last bit of paper. Much better now.

givethanks

That’s all for today. 

10 comments:

  1. Love love love these!!! LOVING that title work on your lo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job using up some of the chipboard pieces. It seems to be multiplying on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep: I'm a big fan of the stapler technique, not only because it keeps it all the way I laid it out but also because it adds dimension and a more casual look than if I individually stick down every layer. If I do that I stick down too hard and then lose the ruffly edges I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That layout is gorgeous! I agree about those tricky layers - even when I take a photo, I can never seem to get everything back the same way. I've resorted to a peel-back method: I carefully peel the top layer back just a bit, add adhesive and then work down in the same way to the bottom of the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layers are perfectly balanced and I love your title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never thought to staple the paper layers together before adhering them to the page - brilliant idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the layers of pattern papers, great way to use up scraps, fabulous card too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your PL card! Great layering in your project. Love the touch of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout, the letters really do make a wonderful statement

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pocket page card is really cute with those camera brads and I agree about the layering - good tips! That extra bit of paper on the left is perfect. Leaving your blog smiling as always :-)

    ReplyDelete