photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 November 2016

Thankful For Faith

Thankful For Faith – a Challenge YOUrself #35 layout
thankfulforfaith
Start: cy35
This month’s challenge.

Style: I gridded up four designs, offseting them slightly so that all four are not squares.  Then I added my title across the top half and emphasized it with stitiching.  A simple cluster of buttons and ribbon atop the doily sits next to the photo of my parents and I on my first communion day.

Stash: My September 2016 Counterfeit kit – including We R Memory Keepers Farmers Market papers; American Crafts, Basic Grey and Studio Calico alphabets, Basic Grey and Crate Paper buttons; and Becky Higgins washi tape.  I added in Stampin Up Crumb Cake Cardstock, coral washi tape, metal charm and used their stitching template for my sweet skinny banner. Felt flower and kraft doily from stash.
Story: The journaling around the outside reads:

”I am thankful for the early Catholic education my parents provided to me and my siblings from a young age.  Although like most college students, I drifted away from the church, I came back to faith through my marriage and converted to the Lutheran Church.  We gave our own children education in Christian schools hoping it would serve them well.”

13 comments:

  1. Lovely page! Grids are always one of my favorites and I like that you changed up the sizes just a bit. The washi strips on the corners are a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the grid design!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice layout & nice memory recap - happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page. I like the kraft background and the journaling around the page. Love the alpha variety on the title. It really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your page...I love the whole idea of the grid design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a great fan of a grid and this is a super one - love the different sized shapes, and your button and ribbon cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. Takes me back ( picture)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo of you in your First Communion dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susanne, this is one of my favorite layouts of yours! I LOVE your minimalist banner, but especially like the photo and story behind your heartwarming page! Your style is awesome!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page, photo & journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of changing up the squares to add more interest-

    ReplyDelete