photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

25 November 2016

Wooden Hearts, You Say?

At my October crop I finished up several pages from a Creating Keepsakes class that utilized this full-size sheet of connected wood hearts from Dear Lizzy’s Daydreamer Collection by American Crafts.

dearlizzydiecutwoodhearts

We used them as a mask to mist a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock with rose and gold, which I turned into this layout.

20161025_131340

We traced around them with white pen for the border of a page, and then rolled over them with a stamp.  I have yet to turn this into a layout.  If an idea doesn’t come to me soon, I may chop this up for cards.

20161026_114901-001

And finally I flipped the misted hearts over and used the plain side as a base for this layout, dressing up individual hearts with chipboard, ribbon, washi tape, paper or buttons and the like.

20161025_131516

How is that for really taking advantage of a single product?  If you can’t find the wooden version, Dear Lizzy included a foam version in her Fine & Dandy collection.

SBC_ac-370060

How many ways can you use them?

10 comments:

  1. Great ideas to use those connected wood hearts! I'm pretty sure I have a stencil that looks exactly like that...maybe I will actually break it out of the packaging and try using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wowwwwwwwww! These are all gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how you used those hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might try stitching on the foam version: little cross stitches, maybe?

    I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do try that, as x's and hearts seem to go together.

      Delete
  4. Great ideas! I really like that first page with the misting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great scrap liftable idea - tracing around wooden embellishments - I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen these. Love the way you have maxed ways to use them. My kind of crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful when you get a piece that is so versatile. I love the idea of using it as a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great way to use the element in so many different ways. I might have cut them up and used them in blocks but I like the stencil idea. I have to say that I think the idea of cutting up the cardstock background with the stamping is the way I'd go! Lovely dress up layout too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Timely post as I'm including one of these in a different pattern for a future kit :)

    ReplyDelete