photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

18 December 2016

More Place Setting Inspiration @ The Studio Challenges

Santa & Me – a layout for The Studio Challenges

santaandme 


Start: Remember last month’s Thanksgiving place setting challenge at The Studio Challenges.  Well for December we have another one.  I like the symmetry of doing one for each holiday.


xmastable

Style: I really like this table setting – it is light and airy but slightly rustic and a bit whimsical.  It has a good amount of red and a smidgen of green. Is it possible to do the same on a layout.  Well you be the judge.


This is an old photo of my daughter with Santa. I almost didn’t scrap the photo because of the shadow behind her head, but my sis-in-law said I should, so I did.


I started with a distressed patterned background, and then added a large woodgrain paper to the center.  Using light muted colors with red being the main accent, and a stripe instead of a plaid.  The chunky chipboard is as close as I came to those charger plates.  The glittered drops echo the glasswear.  I think it turned out to be a very fun layout.  If only I had some reindeer stickers, huh?


Stash: My Mind’s Eye and Fancy Pants patterned papers, Coredinations cardstock.   chipboard, The Paper Studio foam alphabet

In other news, are you following me on my Facebook page and Instagram. During this busy holiday season, there have been quick snaps and snippets showing up there.

10 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that photo and the little Santa!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it. I really like that it is quite Christmasy but not over the top. A very cute Santa embellishment to go with the photo of such a sweet Christmas moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you framed the inner mat with the triangles. That photo is adorable - I'm glad you scrapped it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout and such a cute photo of you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe,that's nice! Like the corners! Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it all looks amazing!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have thought of this earlier -- put a Santa's hat or some other type of hat on your daughter's head on the photo and no more shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderfully festive take on the INSPIRATION place setting! Now, aren't you glad you used that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful page. Such a cute photo of your daughter and well worth scrapping. I never worry about little photo blips when it is a milestone photo and one that brings back fond memories. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is perfect.
    I am glad you did use this photo as I didn't notice the shadow until you mentioned it.
    So sweet photo

    ReplyDelete