photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

02 December 2016

The Memories of Christmas Past

Kaycie Claus – a Counterfeit Kit Challenge layout

kclaus

Start: Today over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog is my post in the December series called:  The memories of Christmas past.

The idea is to make up a mini kit / page kit and a project highlighting a Christmas from the past. Try to use limited supplies to finish a single project.  We hope these short posts highlight that something can be created quickly and easily, even at this crazy busy time of year.  These ideas, of course, are transferrable to your own current Christmas projects.

Stash: I gave you one idea over there, and now another idea here to use a complete sticker sheet as the primary embellishment on a page with otherwise limited decoration.  Here is my supply list.

Stampin’ Up green cardstock
Bazzill kraft cardstock
Bo Bunny Candy Cane Lane patterned paper
Pink Paislee Merry & Bright patterned paper
Stickabilities “Christmas Goodies” cardstock stickers by the Paper Studio
American Crafts chipboard alphabet
Studio Calico sticker alphabet
Queen and Company gems

Style: This is my adorable, stylish fun niece, who always posed for a Christmas photo in a hat.  She has her own crafty blog, by the way.

The trick to adding interest to this layout, I think, is that I have employed lots of dimension with the various stickers that I have aligned down the left side.  Their muted colors blend well when layered and don’t distract from the dominant photo.  Their abundance sets a festive mood for the page. I have used two smaller clusters of stickers to draw the viewer’s eye around the page, and as a finishing touch, gems add sparkle and dimension.

Why not try one of these ideas, using a cut-apart sheet (like on the CKC blog) or a sheet of stickers to make for a quick and easy layout?  Unless, of course, you are completely caught up on scrapping your memories of Christmas past – in which case, I am in awe of you.

But before you go, I’ve not another Christmas page scrapped in a non-traditional way.

Santa Knows . . . I Love A Little Murder

20161026_115006 

Start: When you have a photo taken at Christmas featuring not very Christmas-centric colors, you have to improvise on how to scrap it.
Style: I happened to have a single page kit leftover from Creating Keepsakes that was really Disney paper on the main side and sweet hearts and stars on the other along with another sheet of cameras on the front and a matching blue print on the back.

I decided to do my own placement and use just a little of the blue paper to tie into my photo and go red/white/black for everything else.
Stash: A Queen & Company page kit, plus bits and bobs from my stash like the red flower that I have had forever and two Jillibean Soup journal spots.  The flair is from Crafty Pockets on Etsy.  Those edged sequins from another kit are called gumdrops and are by a company called Your Next Step (I think, based on notes in the kit.)

7 comments:

  1. Love love love these! LOVING all the goodies you added to the first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the title tells the story in the second one. And the black is great: it throws everything into sharp focus, which is never a bad thing when telling a Christmas story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cascade of embellishments on the first page and that title on the second made me look twice and think "what hasn't Susanne told us??!?!".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore the way you embellished the first page and I love the cleqn neat style of the second page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever! I love the line of layered emebellies down the edge of the photo and it's really a great way to use up a lot of product on your pages without being overwhelmed. This girl bought two (yes two!) Christmas collections this year and I rarely make Christmas pages so I'm reading this post with interest! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great use of all those stickers on your first layout! And a perfect use for that page kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The end result looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete